Aldar Properties is a leading developer in Abu Dhabi and was founded by Christopher Sims in 2004 and has been operating since its incorporation into the Abu Dhabi market in 2005. In 2013, the company merged with Sorouh Real Estate, the largest developer in the UAE. In 2018, the prominent Dubai-based developer Emaar Properties became a strategic partner of Aldar, partnering on a number of local and overseas real estate projects worth around AED 30В (USD 8.17В). The company's major shareholders include the Mubadala Development Company, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Abu Dhabi National Hotels, the National Corporation for Tourism & Hotels and National Investor.
According to the developer's official 2020 Sustainability Report as well as the company's 2021 financial report, Aldar Properties has:
- More than 29К dwellings were sold at the end of 2020.
- 8,1К properties currently under construction.
- 13 new projects in the pipeline.
- AED 49B (over USD 13B) is the allocated budget as part of the November 2020 partnership agreement with the Abu Dhabi Government on the implementation of strategic projects.
- Over AED 40B (over USD 10B) - total assets as of June 30, 2021.